I slept in today. Glorious. The problem with sleeping in today was that I was scheduled to open the pharmacy at 8 AM. I got a call from my store manager at 8:15 AM.
Manager: Spiffy, who's at the pharmacy this morning? We don't have a pharmacist.
Me: Huh? Wait... What?
It took a few seconds to clear the cobwebs, but I soon realized that I had made a small temporal error. My schedule got rearranged 3 times this week, and I apparently forgot to update my calendar for the last one.
Me: Shit. Shit shit shit. I'll be right there.
As I reside very close to my Apothecary Kingdom, I was able to shower, dress, and be there in 15 minutes. I had the pharmacy open by 8:30, which I thought was admirable. The day went by without much incident. The day manager stated a few complaints about the pharmacy not being open on time, which I expected.
What unfolded later on in the day was decidedly unexpected. I left work at 4 PM and received a call from Giggles at 4:30. I figured the pharmacy opening a half hour late for the first time in a year wouldn't be a big deal. Apparently, my patients don't seem to think so.
Giggles: Spiffy, YourBoss just called and said corporate has gotten like 5 complaints about the pharmacy opening late this morning. One of them was from TheAsshole, and he's threatening to transfer his scripts or something.
Me: Really? Sweet!
Let me tell you about TheAsshole. He comes to the drive through on a weekly basis. He drops off new prescriptions and expects to sit there at the drive through until they're finished. When you explain to him that the drive through is only for the purpose of dropping off scripts and picking them up, he goes into a fit of histrionics that would make a 13 year old girl jealous. He treats everyone at the pharmacy like his personal servant.
As for the complaints, I'm baffled. In the first half hour my pharmacy is open, I almost never see 5 people total. As far as complaints go, you would figure that maybe 1 in 5 people would actually take the trouble to call corporate to bitch. That would mean that either 25 people came to my pharmacy this morning or all 5 that did called to gripe. I'm just not buying it.
Here's a few samples of the actual complaints that the corporate office received:
1. I stopped at the pharmacy at 8:05 and it was not open. I could not get my medicashin.
Medicashin? Medicashin?!? Forget the medicashin, you nede spelleeng lessunz.
2. The pharmacy was not open on time this morning. Are you closing?
Yes, that's just it. No notification, no official announcement, we're just closing up shop. We've had a good run, though.
I think I need to do this more often. Not only did I get to sleep in, I pissed off TheAsshole enough that he might leave the pharmacy forever. Everybody wins! Well, not everybody, but I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ever not know which store it is you are to go to...and end up picking the wrong one?
Post a Comment