04 September 2008

Spiffy Gets New Mode Of Transportation

So I got a bike to ride to work. The Corpopharm I now work at is a mere 12 blocks from where I live, so I figured pedaling my lazy ass there would be a novel conquest. It folds up to a small size so that I don't have to leave it outside all night for all the hucksters to pilfer. Here's a picture of it.














And folded up:















Isn't it stupid? I can see it now:

Spiffy enters Corpopharm. He's self importantly striding through the sliding doors with a fold-up bicycle under his arm. He walks back to the pharmacy and proclaims, 'Ah! The brisk fall air. How invigorating! Quickly, everyone! Fill those prescriptions. We've got lives to save!' A pharmacy patron at the drop off window notices him and asks the tech, 'Who's that asshole?'. The tech sighs heavily and says, 'That's the night pharmacist. Ever since he started riding a bike to work, he's gotten a little... smug.'

The pharmacy patron watches Spiffy striding around the pharmacy with an air of grandeur that she can't quite swallow. He suddenly bellows at a technician, 'Prior authorazation! Damn it man, there's no time! I'll pay for it myself! That patient NEEDS their medication!' A look of disgust spreads across her face. 'Give me my prescription back,' she says abruptly. 'I'm going to a different pharmacy.'

No comments: