01 June 2007

Blood, Sweat, and Tech Support: Confessions of a Star-Crossed Gamer


Persistence will get you 3 things: results, results and, uh, results!

After many calls, death threats, and IMs to Bill Gates, it appears that my Xbox will be receiving the red carpet treatment straight to Microsoft's repair facilities. After ripping apart my Xbox not once, twice, but thrice I uncovered this little gem on the good ol' interweb:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/09/microsoft_dismi.html

You read correctly. All units purchased before Jan 1 2006 will be repaired/replaced free of charge with a 1 year extension to the warranty. My prayers have been answered.

Here's the rub: I've had my Xbox apart 3 times now, and obviously the security seals have been removed. That means my warranty has been raped, pillaged, and plundered. Microsoft is sending me a box to return the unit for the above mentioned special circumstances, so I'm hoping that they're just planning on sending me a new one and only want the old one to research the problem associated with the first release units. If they decide to go poking around and dismantle it, I'm finished.

Here's hoping. Wish me luck. Vaya con dios.

No comments: