PIC means pharmacist in charge. By law, each and every pharmacy in George's America must have a PIC. The PIC has several responsibilities that they must perform to conform to pharmacy rules and regulations. I would go into detail, but it's incredibly boring. For those of you outside of the pharmacy, this may sound like a promotion. Don't be fooled. The PIC title basicly saddles you with more responsibility and less freedom.
The good news is that now I have a partner. No, not the gay kind. Since I started in my pharmacy in July I've been the only full time pharmacist. My pharmacy is open 88 hours each week. I'm there around 50 usually. This means that for the hours I am not here, Corpopharm has supplied me with 'floater' pharmacists. 'Floaters' are pharmacists that are employed by Corpopharm to fill in the gaps at pharmacies that are not fully staffed. They work in different pharmacies every day, and are generally the shitiest pharmacists you'll find within any company. Here's some examples of the quality work floaters have done in my pharmacy.
Floater A informs Patient A that his prescription isn't ready yet because of an insurance issue. Patient A asks for an explanation. Floater A threatens to call the police.
Floater B doesn't like how often the phone is ringing. He proceeds to walk around the pharmacy unplugging handsets from the telephones and depositing them in trash.
Floater C explains to me that she took back a frozen vaccine that had been dispensed to a patient because it didn't feel cold. I open up the freezer, remove an icepack that is frozen solid and sitting adjacent to the vaccine, and ask her what it is. Floater C responds: 'An icepack'. I respond: 'Keep repeating that until you get it'.
Floater D tells me as I'm walking into the pharmacy that there's a patient on hold with a question. I Floater D why they aren't taking care of it, and Floater D responds ,'I don't know the answer, I've just kept putting them on hold the last 10 minutes.'
I wish I were making this shit up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Spiffy- remember Jack the floater who didn't know what Benadryl was?
~K.B.
Post a Comment