28 December 2007

There Goes The Neighborhood

I met my future neighbor today. She may have just passed muster.

I was leaving for work, and as the garage door was opening I spied a car at the end of my driveway. My real estate agent was in the passenger side, so I approached to say hi. It turns out that she and the newest resident of the neighborhood were stopping by her house (which is still under construction) to check on it's progress. Here's some examples of the conversation that lead me to believe she may be a better time than the rest of my neighborhood:
  • Have you guys thrown any good parties yet? Once I'm moved in, you better invite me.
  • Do you know how to drink? I make a mean martini.
  • (real estate agent) told me you have a hot tub. Can I use it whenever I want?
This seems promising, because so far our neighbors across the street have done nothing but give us the ol' stink eye. Of course, when Don'tworryaboutit is in an absinthe haze and screaming about 'fist-fucking' most Saturday nights, this doesn't surprise me.

No comments: