10 September 2007

Corpopharm Does Not Care About You

The proof is in Corpopharm's latest ploy to increase their prescription volume. This, ladies and gentleman, is the $25 gift card.

You see, people are cheap. So cheap, in fact, that waving a paltry $25 in front of their faces will get them to take their existing prescriptions from a pharmacy that knows them to a pharmacy that does not. They don't care about all the difficulties that come with getting a new pharmacy staff to know them and all the inane shit that they demand. They'll move to a different pharmacy miles away to get $25 to spend in the front store on lots of substandard merchandise. Believe it.

I started doing some math today just to prove my point. Today, we handed out 20 $25 gift cards at my pharmacy for new or transfered prescriptions. That equals out to $500 for the day. Now, this promotion goes on for a month and Corpopharm does probably two of these fucking things a year. So, here's the math. It's so simple a pharmacist could do it.

20 gift cards daily x $25 = $500
$500 x 30 days = $15,000
$15,000 x 2 promotions annually= $30,000

Do you know how much a highly paid pharmacy technician makes working for Corpopharm in a year? I do, and it's not nearly as much as they hand out in gift cards. The way I see it is that this is meant to send a message, and like most Americans the average pharmacy patron is just too stupid to see it. The message here is that instead of employing someone to help make the pharmacy experience easier, faster and most importantly more safe, they would rather buy people off with gift card so they can get some toilet paper and peanut butter.

I usually try to include some humor in my posts, but I just don't see anything funny about this.

No comments: