I get told I'm wrong or that I've made a horrible mistake almost every day. That is not an exaggeration.
I overheard the argument start at my drive through today between one of my technicians and a pharmacy patron. After a while, Sassy invited the man to speak with the PIC (pharmacist in charge). From listening in, I got the picture that they didn't share the same world view.
Sassy: Spiffy, this guy says that he came by on Saturday after the pharmacy closed and that they were supposed to be holding his Rx at the front of the store.
Me: Oh dear.
I took the phone from her (at our drive through, there is no opening in the window and you have to communicate through handsets). The patron told me the same thing that Sassy just told me.
Me: I think there was a communication error. Once the pharmacy closes and the pharmacist leaves, no medications can be dispensed. That's the law. We never keep scripts anywhere but the pharmacy.
Patron: You're wrong.
I have to admire him, he cut right through the bullshit and told me exactly what he thought. This didn't make him any less crazy in my book. I had absolutely nothing to say for a few seconds.
Me: Uhhh... Like I said, we don't keep any scripts up front. I don't know who told you that, but we've never done that and never will.
Patron: You're wrong. I went up there and asked them for my script on Saturday, and the girl up there checked through a whole pile of 'em that were sitting there waiting to be picked up!
This guy was taking it ever further now, suggesting that not only his script had been taken from the pharmacy after closing, but many other scripts had also left the pharmacy. I performed a cursory visual examination of his car, looking for empty liquor bottles, crack pipes, anything that would explain his hallucination. There was nothing. The thing he was suggesting was ludicrous. Pharmacy law strictly states that no medication may be dispensed when the pharmacist is not present. Any pharmacist allowing such a thing would lose their license faster than Brittany Spears' credibility.
Me: I don't know what to tell you.
Patron: Do I need to talk to the Bob about this?
Bob is the front store manager of the corpopharm where I work. He has about as much jurisdiction over the pharmacy as the Pope does over Yankee Stadium. This guy apparently knows him. Some of the regulars at my corpopharm think that since they know Bob that their treatment in the pharmacy will somehow be upgraded. I have no idea why. I love it when people threaten me with talking to manager. One reason is the manager is not even my boss. The other is that no one governs the action of a pharmacist other than the state board of pharmacy and laws created thereby. God himself can come down from heaven and tell me to fill a script, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
Me: You're more than welcome to talk to Bob, but he's going to tell you the same thing I just did.
The guy just threw his hand up and drove away. Another satisfied customer. I think I deserve a raise.
07 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment