Weekends are a magical time in the pharmacy. Saturday and Sunday nights, I have to be to work at 7 PM instead of 10 PM. This means I get to interact with lots of interesting people that I miss out on during the night time. The first phone call I received was from one such interesting person.
Person: Yeah, uh, I fill my, uh, seizure medication at the Corpopharm at, uh, _____ and they is closed! It's for my seizures!! What am I supposed to do?
You know it's going to be a fun conversation when your conversant says uh five times per sentence. She stressed the what, as if it was somehow my fault that she decided to run out of her pills. I almost told her that forgetting your seizure medication is a common side effect of Idiopathic Stupidity, an untreatable terminal condition, and that she might as well drive her minivan off a cliff and save the system millions of dollars in Medicaid payments. Instead, I told her to come to my pharmacy to pick up a few pills. I'm such a nice guy.
My very second call came from a young woman proclaiming that another Corpopharm had made a 'crucial error' in her medication, and she demanded to know what I planned to do about it. I asked her for her name and punched her up in the computer. The very handy corpopharm database presented me with her medication history from another pharmacy. I decided to get right to the heart of the issue.
Me: Ok, what's the problem.
Idiot: Corpopharm was supposed to call me when my prescription came in. They didn't, and now I'm out!
Me: Corpopharm typically doesn't call everyone when they get a script faxed or called from a doctor. Did you ask them to call you?
Idiot: No, but they gave me a few tablets when I was out a few days earlier, so I assumed they would know!
Me: (sigh) What medication is it?
Idiot: My Synthroid. I'm all the way out and I have to take it at exactly 5 am. My pharmacy doesn't open until 10 am. Something needs to be done about this!
The whole conversation was pretty unnecessary, but I had decided to let the chick slip the noose around her neck on her own because it amuses me. The computer record stated her rx had been filled 7-30. Yestday was 8-1, meaning she had let it sit there for 2 days. Oh boy.
Me: It says in the computer that your script was filled 2 days ago. Its ready to pick up at your pharmacy. They open at 10 AM tomorow. You can pick it up then.
Idiot: I said I have to take it at 5 AM!
Me: I said that a few hours on one day won't make a difference. You waited until you were out of your medication and your pharmacy was closed to address this issue. Pick it up tomorow.
She was at my pharmacy an hour later, saying she had called her doctor and that she HAD to take her dose at 5 AM. I almost went in back, grabbed a hammer, and pounded on my balls for a few hours. It would have been as painful as talking to all those assholes, minus the stupid. Instead, I gave her a pill and sent her on her way. Hopefully she made it to her vehicle without jumping out into traffic.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next thing I saw was a cabby praying in the parking lot. It was sun down, and apparently this guy was Muslim. He got out of the cab, put his little rug down on the concrete facing Mecca, and started praying away. I understood completely, as I usually feel pretty spiritual whenever I'm at Corpopharm. Most of the other parking spots were currently in use by people at the bar next door, so I guess he was sort of balancing out all those sinners.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 comment:
And yet we let these people breed as often as they want...
Post a Comment