I was lucky enough to be out running today (I was done with pill counting by 2) while an F-14 was maneuvering at very low altitude over my neighborhood. It was an amazing and terrifying sight. We've all seen dozens of movies with fighter jets (although only 1 with Tom Cruise, sad) but they really don't do the real thing justice. I was most surprised by the sound. At one point it flew directly overhead and was (I'm estimating here) about a thousand feet up. The sound was what I can only describe as a new orifice being torn in the sky. It literally sounds like ripping fabric. LOUD. If that thing was after me, I would bend over and kiss it goodbye. Being the victim of an air strike would suck righteously.
People all over the neighborhood people were standing outside rubber necking. Everyone from the nice offices downtown to the crackhead apartments a few blocks away. I think some of the bums even forgot bout their 40s for a second or two. I almost ran into a store when I was downtown to see how much loot I could rip off. No one would have noticed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how often do you guys get junkies trying to buy "insulin" syringes in your neck of the woods? i had a whole string of dopers today, there must be some good heroin going around chi these days. hmmm...
Post a Comment