What an awesome weekend. I made it my goal to not plan anything, to have no commitments whatsoever so that I would be able to pursue any novelty, no matter how self destructive.
Don'tworryaboutit decided to try out a new pickup line at JUD on Saturday night. He must have been working on this little gem for awhile. We were on the top floor, watching a band that was playing mostly cover music. They actually did 'Sober', which really surprised me, because everything else they covered was pretty up-beat. It also reminded me to sober up for the drive home. How serendipitous.
These two girls started asking me about my tattoos, so I was chatting with them and doing my best to resist my natural compulsion to drink all the beer in the place. About that time, Don'tworryaboutit approaches and sits down at the table next to one of the girls. He says a few things I can't hear, as he's across the table and we're right in front of the band. After a few minutes, he leans an bit closer and offers this little doosey to the girl he's sitting next to:
'So, am I going to score with you later or what?'
Now, in Don'tworryaboutit's defense, he was drunk as a lord and fatigued by a long day of sitting by the pool and drinking beer. If he had had one more drink, he might have been slurring enough so that his oral diarrhea would have been entirely unintelligible. He was about as lucid Whitney Houston on coke binge. He might as well have asked her if she wanted to help him fund a 'kill some kittens' drive. The look on her face could best be described as shocked disgust. I lost it and started laughing my ass off. Hey, it was funny.
Girl: 'What did he say to me? What the fuck did your friend just say to me?!?'
Me: 'I think he said he likes you. How about this band, huh?'
You just can't beat that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoy your site - you should write a book some day!!
Post a Comment