20 August 2007

Posting

I like seeing the comments you're all leaving on my posts. However, I do ask that you don't write my name or any other personal identifiers within them. Do to the sensitive material I write on my site, I feel that this should be self explanatory. Any information that identifies me or gives clues to who I am could compromise my work situation. Even though I never include any confidential information or identify anyone in my posts, it's still a risk. With that, I hope you're all enjoying the blog.

I realize that all I've been writing about lately is work, but that seems like all I've been doing. You can only write about getting loaded at a bar and sitting by the pool all weekend so many times before it gets a little repetitive.

With that, more work gripes!

One of my techs called in sick today. Sweet. It's not like we need the help on Monday. The phone would never quit ringing and it seemed like everybody wanted their script yesterday.

An interaction with an insurance company:
Me: I'm calling because I have a patient here who contacted you about his copay. You told him that it should be much lower.
Insurance: Oh! Yes! His copay for this medication should be much lower! That's far too high.
*pause*
Me: No shit. That's why I called you. Are you going to fix it?

An interaction with a lady who gave me approximately 1/10th of a second to acknowledge her presence at the consultation window.
Lady: Hey! Hey! I have a question (she actually yelled 'hey' twice in rapid succession).
Me: Hay is for horses.
Lady: *glare*

I had at least 3 people call in to let me know that I'd filled their prescription incorrectly. It seems that everyone has a Pharm D these days.

3 comments:

bpmcconn said...

You tell 'em spiffy. I go home every day hating people in general. Have a good monday.
-BMAC4CY

Dave said...

such a peaceful day at the pharmacy today, even got a call from ol' half-beard around 9, and then the clock struck 9:58 and, just as i am shutting the front shutters, norco lady shows up. 15 minutes and a duplicate therapy rejection from medicaid later, i'm getting yelled at by a woman with 4 teeth who claims she DIDN'T just fill an Rx for 60 vicodin on Monday. what else would i rather be doing at 1015? it's like my old boss from Kmart always said, this job would be great if it weren't for all those damn customers.

Dave said...

gin gin gin