A lady came to the pharmacy with and interesting question last night.
Lady: Who's in charge of the bathroom?
Some background for you. At my Corpopharm, there are not restrooms for public use. They are in back, behind a locked door, with the store manager's office and break room. This is all located directly behind the pharmacy.
This is a true universal contradiction, both very bad and very good at the same time. Very good because the hordes of dirty, ignorant rednecks that populate my city have no access to them, ie, the cleanest bathrooms you've ever seen in a Corpopharm. You don't even need to project vomit immediately upon entering. Very bad because every ten minutes, some asshole comes to the pharmacy and says,
Where's the bathroom?
Now, normally I just tell people we don't have one. This is essentially true, in that we don't have a restroom for public use. When I'm at work, I'm pretty much a big asshole. I don't believe that just because you have to urinate when you happen to be in the amusing little hell that is Corpopharm that Corpopharm must provide you with a place to do it. For that matter, maybe you'll get the hell out a little faster if you've got a full bladder and your choice is to argue with me about coupons for another 10 minutes or piss your pants.
My source of ire comes from the fact that since the pharmacy is located so close to the water closet that those who know it's back there expect me to let them in. This usually comes right after they hand me their ER script at 3 AM that they need so badly. Now you've just asked your pharmacist to play bathroom attendant. I don't think you know how insulting that is. People usually don't understand that I can either fill a prescription (which no one else can do for you) or walk you to the bathroom so you can make lemonade. I can't do both simultaneously. And by the way, what do you think that register clerk is there for, good looks? She doesn't even have all her teeth.
I have to admit that she caught me off guard with her question. It may have been the sneaky bitches intent, now that I think about it. Since my standard answer didn't apply, I said the first thing that came to mind.
Spiffy: In charge? It sure isn't me.
I went back to work, and she just stood there for a while. A few minutes later, I heard the register clerk up front page,
Pharmacy, code 10.
I turned to my tech and asked him what code 10 meant. He replied that it meant someone needed to be let into the restroom. I died a little inside and went back to explaining to the lady on the phone that she didn't get to change the dose of her antidepressant because she wanted it to be the same as her friend's dose. I love people.
No comments:
Post a Comment